Monday, February 2, 2009

kid-isms

I try to write all the funny things the boys say (or in Elliott's case, mostly do) so I can remember them on their calendars. I thought it might be fun to blog a few...

Said to Elliott who was playing with a plastic kid hanger while I was hanging clothes up in his room,
Dominic: "Don't hang me Elliott, I'm not a shirt. Don't hang me!"

What Elliott likes to say during the day:
Elliott: "da-da-da-da-da-da-da"

Elliott has also started signing the word, "eat". Imagine that!! We go to the pediatrician on Wednesday for Elliott's 9 month checkup, but Trav and I unofficially weighed him on our scale and he was about 21.5 pounds, naked.

What Elliott likes to say at night:
Elliott: "ma-ma, maa-maa"

Dominic sometimes trips over his own two feet while racing around the house. He stops to inspect the carpet and then issues a warning:
Dominic: "Watch out, Mommy, there's a deep-en hole right there".

I get my showers in the evenings now after both boys are tucked into bed. One night, Dominic asked me why I had to shower, and I said it was to wash the stinky off me. He wanted to smell me...
Mommy: "What do I smell like, Dominic?"
Dominic: "A WHALE!!"
Now that we've done that routine a few times, this is how it goes:
Mommy: "I'm going to go take a shower Dominic. What do I smell like?"
Dominic: "A whale. Now LAUGH Mommy!!"

Elliott has now started crawling all over. He can spin on his belly to do quick 360s, and mostly does an army crawl to get all over. Sometimes he forgets to use both arms, and the other arm gets stuck and makes him roll over. Then he lays on his back for a bit as if it was what he meant to do.

I love my boys, and I love NAPTIME!!

No comments: