Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin bread


I get recipes from many of my wonderful friends.   A lot of them turn into family favorites...  Here's a picture of my boys helping me make (and clean up) pumpkin bread.  It's a really yummy recipe.  I've recently heard that pumpkin is packed with nutrition and antioxidants, so it's really good for you, too.  Here's the recipe for those of you who would like to try it out!

Pumpkin Bread

1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1 can of solid pack pumpkin (approx. 15 oz.)
2 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Mix egg, pumpkin, butter, sugar. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Cook 35-50 minutes or bread is set in the middle.

1 comment:

Katie said...

This is so yummy! I think I should make some today.