Friday, June 5, 2009

New Library

The boys and I met up with our neighbors Katie, Dallin and Jacob at our new Battle Ground Library today. What a beautiful building!! The old BG Library was small and dark (about 4000 square feet) and the new one is drastically different with 14000 square feet, and HUGE kids area with kid size tables, chairs, and toys. There is also a flex/meeting room area where the wall space is really sliding glass panels to allow it to open up to the kids area. We wondered if maybe the kids story time will be in there when they start it up late June.

Elliott just wanted to play with the other kids and throw lego blocks, and Dominic decided to play after picking out a few books. We've already read the 3 we checked out, and I imagine we'll have many more trips to get new books. We also signed up for the summer reading program so that we can track our reading progress. For every 5 hours of reading, kids get to pick out a prize and get a certificate. We read a lot anyway, but this will help encourage even more reading. It's also exciting to see all the new shops that are moving in to the retail spaces. I can't wait for "Aunt Tam's" which promises to be a fabric and craft store of sorts. I spotted a coffee shop I plan to visit sometime, too. It's really neat to see all the new shops arriving in Battle Ground!

No comments: